Everything I needed to know about life, I learned from Noah's Ark!
1. Don't miss the boat!
2. Remember that we are all in the same boat!
3. Plan ahead! It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark!
4. Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big!
5. Don't listen to the critics. Just get on with the job that needs to be done.
6. Build your future on high ground.
7. For safety's sake, travel in pairs!
8. Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
9. When you're stressed, float awhile!
10. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.
11. No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting!!
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Today is National Lucky Penny Day! I pick up any change I find and keep it in a jar. When I have enough to turn into "real" money (paper money) I take it to the bank. Every little bit adds up. I have even stopped in front of a coffee shop in downtown Chicago to pick up a bunch of pennies that were on the sidewalk. I probably tripped a dozen people doing it! I have found quite a bit of money under pop machines too. Usually quarters.
Tuesday, May 08, 2018
No Socks Day!! Thank goodness it's not in January! It is a perfect day here for no socks. Just came in from mowing the yard, in fact. So glad it's finally sandal weather. There for a while it wasn't looking good. It snowed in the middle of April! I don't know what April snow showers bring. I don't really want to either! It has gone from winter to summer this year. There really wasn't much Spring here. Hope you are enjoying a beautiful day!
Sunday, May 06, 2018
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Today is National Bat Appreciation Day! I think that it should be in October. Or at least in the fall. I don't see any bats this time of year and especially since it's so cold this year. I don't think bats like snow. Although, it's odd to see snow in the middle of April.